The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

AD01 Change of registered office address

Every company is required to have a registered office. This does not need to be where the company carries out its business, and the business premises of the company accountant, solicitor or agent can be given as the registered office address.

The registered office is where the company will receive statutory mail and paperwork from Companies House, and it is the address at which legal proceedings, notices and official documents can be served on the company.

A company can change its registered office by notifying Companies House using this form. Where a company is registered with Companies House’s web-filing scheme, notification of change of registered address should be submitted online via the Companies House website.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.