The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

AD05 Notice to change the situation of an England and Wales company or a Welsh company

For the purpose of company law, England and Wales are a single jurisdiction and the same legislation governs companies situated in both countries. However, a company which has its registered office in Wales may chose to consider itself as an ‘England and Wales’ registered company or a ‘Welsh’ registered company. This has an effect on the compulsory element of a company name – for example, the name of a limited company registered in England and Wales must end in the word ‘limited’ but a company registered in Wales can use the Welsh equivalent.

A  company which is based in Wales can change its situation from an ‘England and Wales’ registered company to a ‘Welsh’ registered company and vice-versa by passing a special resolution, supported by a majority of at least 75% of the company’s members. A copy of the resolution should be sent to Companies House, together with this completed form.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.