The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

Company Resolutions - Written Resolution of Change of Name

If you wish to change the name of your company, there’s no need to gather all the shareholders for a meeting as it can be done through a written agreement circulated amongst them. It’s more convenient and enables you to secure consent from your shareholders quicker.

This legal document can be used to pass a resolution changing the name of a private company.  All you have to do is fill out your company information where prompted on the template, and then distribute the completed form to your shareholders. You can email the agreement or send it through email, and your shareholders once they have signed it may return it as a hard copy or send you a scanned version in an email. The resolution is passed as soon as it has been accepted by members holding 75% of the shares in the company.

You will need to complete the notice/confirmation of written resolution (page 2) and send this to Companies House together with signed copies of the written resolution. You will also need to complete and return form NM01.