The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

COP9 Application Notice

Sometimes it is necessary for a person who wishes to begin legal proceedings in the Court of Protection to first obtain the Court’s permission.

Once legal proceedings have been started in the Court of Protection, any party to the proceedings can make an “interim” or “interlocutory” application to the Court for a court order or for further directions. For example, in cases where the attorneys of a mentally incapable person (“the protected person”) are accused of using the protected person’s property for their own benefit, the person bringing legal proceedings against them may ask the Court to grant an interim injunction, forbidding the attorneys from making any decisions about the protected persons property without Court approval until the case is over.

A party to proceedings can make an application by completing this form, filling it with the Court, and serving it on the other parties to the claim.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.