The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

D11 Application Notice

This form is to be used if your husband or wife has started divorce proceedings and a decree nisi has been granted, but they have not applied for a decree absolute.

If you wait another 3 months on top of the standard 6 week period after the decree nisi was pronounced, you can apply for the decree absolute instead, which will officially terminate your marriage.

The application notice contains a number of questions which must be answered, and includes a statement of truth, through which all information given must be verified.

If you take this avenue, then you will have to pay a £90 fee and attend a court hearing.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.