The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

D8B Answer to a Divorce/Dissolution/(Judicial) Separation or Nullity Petition

This form is to state your intention to disagree with a divorce petition that you have received.You could be wanting to do this either because you do not agree that the marriage has broken down irretrievably or you want to defend allegations made against you by your spouse.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.

When you receive the divorce petition, you should also receive an acknowledgement of service form, which you should send back to the court within 8 days. On this form you can indicate that you wish to defend the divorce.

You then have 21 days from when you sent the acknowledgement of service to fill in the answer form.