The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

Form A

This form is used to apply for what is known as a financial order, which is where a separated couple asks a court to divide their matrimonial assets in a fair manner when they cannot reach an agreement between themselves.

Financial orders can make provisions for the selling or transfer of property and maintenance, either to be paid periodically or as a lump sum, and for pensions.

Once you have completed the Form A you must take it (with two copies) to the court office which dealt with (or is dealing) with your divorce or separation.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.