The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

Form E

Divorce, annulment, or the dissolution of a civil partnership can be complicated, especially if you and your former or soon-to-be-former partner cannot agree on how your assets should be split.

However, you can settle these disputes by applying for a financial order – this will mean that a family court will on how any financial matters should be settled, such as the splitting of matrimonial assets and any maintenance payments.

You can find more information on how to apply for a financial order on the government's website. You will also need Form A.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.