The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N215 Certificate of Service

Certain documents need to be properly served on the parties to proceedings in order to be valid and effective. This includes claim forms, particulars of claim, notices of appeal and applications. Service needs to be within a defined timescale and in accordance with the rules of the court.

In many cases the court will served documents for you in exchange for a fee, but sometimes it is necessary for you to do this yourself, such as where documents cannot be served at a postal address and need to be served on the other party in person. Where you serve documents on the other party yourself you will need to complete and file a certificate of service in the prescribed form, confirming to the Court that you have served the documents properly.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.