The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N224 Request for Service out of the Jurisdiction to Be Effected by the Court

Normally legal proceedings can only be served on people who are present in the Jurisdiction (that is, present in England and Wales). Sometimes, even though someone does not live in the jurisdiction it is still possible to bring a claim against them in an English court. For example, this might be the case where there is a contract which is governed by English law, or where the claim relates to an accident which took place in England and Wales.

It can be difficult to serve legal proceedings on someone outside of the Jurisdiction, and this form can be used by the Claimant to ask the Court to take responsibility for attempting to serve the proceedings on the Defendant. By completing this form the Claimant is agreeing to pay any expenses which the Court incurs in serving the claim.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.