The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N24 General Form of Judgement or Order

If you are able to persuade the Court to decide a claim or issue in your favour, it will award a Judgment or Court Order to you. In most cases the Court will not decide on the wording of the order and either the winning party or his legal adviser will draft the Judgment or Order. This will be submitted to the Judge, who will review and approve it.

Occasionally, the court will want to know exactly what you are expecting as an outcome from an early stage, and will ask you to submit a draft judgement or order at the beginning of the claim, making it clear exactly what you want the Court to do.

You can use this document as a template for a court order or judgment – make sure that you accurately and clearly state what you want.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.