The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N344 Request for Warrant of Committal Judgment Summons

When a Defendant against whom judgement has been granted fails to make the payments which are ordered under the judgment, the Claimant can ask the Court to issue a Judgment Summons, ordering the Defendant to attend for questioning and to explain why he has not made the payments due.

If a Defendant fails to comply with a Judgment Summons, either by not turning up at court or by refusing to answer questions, he is guilty of a contempt of court. The Claimant can then use this form to request that the Court issues a warrant for the Defendant’s arrest and imprisonment.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.