The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N379 Application for a Charging Order on Land or Property

Winning a claim and being granted a judgment does not guarantee that a Claimant will be paid promptly, or at all. Often the Defendant does not have the cash available to make payment, or he refuses to make payment. In these cases the Claimant can take further legal action to obtain a Court order enforcing the judgment.

A charging Order is a court order which places a legal charge (like a mortgage) over property which is owned by the defendant. The property involved can be anything from a car, to a piece of land or a house and the charge remains in place until the judgment debt has been paid and the Defendant cannot sell or transfer the property without paying the Claimant.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.