The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N443 Application for a certificate of satisfaction cancellation

Whenever a judgment is awarded against a Defendant, it is recorded in a publicly searchable register called the “Register of Judgments, Fines and Orders”. The Register records the status of the judgment, whether it is paid and whether the defendant has failed to make agreed repayments.

Having a Judgment recorded against your name can damage your credit rating, and make it more difficult for you to obtain credit on favourable terms and so a Defendant will want to remove the record from the register as soon as possible.

The defendant can use this form to ask the court to amend the register and mark a judgment as fully paid. Where judgment is ordered against a defendant and he pays the judgment amount within 30 days, he can use this form to ask the court to remove the record of the judgment from the register entirely.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.