N5 Claim Form Possession Claims

Anyone can bring a possession claim where they have been deprived of a property to which they are entitled, and they need a court order to help them regain possession of that property.

The most common cases in which someone would bring a possession claim include cases where a tenant has breached his tenancy agreement, either by failing to pay his rent or by damaging the property or creating a nuisance to his neighbours, and the landlord wants to evict him and gain possession of the property. A possession claim can also be brought by the owner of land or a property where trespassers or squatters have occupied his property and he is seeking a court order to evict them.

The N5 Claim Form is designed specifically for use in possession claims, and a claim can be started by submitting three copies of the completed form to the court and paying a court fee. The Court will issue the claim by stamping the forms with its official seal, and the Claimant must then serve a copy of the issued claim form on the Defendant.

payment option
  • Free download
  • Available in PDF format
  • Simply enter your details and your document will be emailed to you

Restrictions: Our legal documents are provided as part of our commitment to legal access for all. They are intended for use by individuals, small businesses, clubs and societies and are subject to a fair use policy. They must not be sold or exchanged for reward.

Disclaimer: Law on the Web does not accept any responsibility for any action taken as a result of you using our legal documents. The legal documents are generic and educational in nature and do not constitute a definitive or complete statement of law on any subject, nor is any part of it to constitute legal advice, and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual transactions and dealings.