The Law Shop is now closed. Please click here to find out more.

N6 Claim Form Demotion of Tenancy Suspension of Right to Buy

Under the Antisocial Behaviour Act 2003, a provider of social housing can ask the Court to remove some of its tenants’ security of tenure or protection from eviction where those tenants are using the property for an illegal or immoral purpose or are causing problems with antisocial behaviour. This process is called “demoting” the tenancy and effectively puts the tenants on probation, making them easier to evict if the antisocial behaviour continues. A similar process can be used t suspend a social tenant’s right to buy.

To make a Tenancy Demotion or Right to Buy Suspension claim, the Claimant must use Claim Form N6, which is issued and served upon the Defendant in the standard manner.

This form can be downloaded directly from the government website here.